Saturday, February 1, 2014

Corey Gates Tube Cash Code: Real or Bogus?

I have not written in this blog in over a year. There was not much excitement in my life to write about. But that may have changed. Originally I started this blog several years ago in anticipation of starting a business at home. I was going to blog as I went step by step through setting up a home business selling cookies, and I called it Esquire Treats. Needless to say, that went nowhere. Then I blogged for a while on legal stories. That was okay for while, but I lost interest since no one ever commented or followed me. So I vacated Esquire Treats again.

Now, I am circling back to my original intent in starting this blog. I am growing more and more desperate to quit my job and work from home. Over the past three days and nights I have been online trying to figure out how people make money from the Internet by working at home. I have signed up for dozens of marketing survey websites and tried responding to hundreds of the surveys that they suggest for me based on my profile. I have given my private information out, including my cell phone number. It has rung several times, as I am sure the number gets sold repeatedly. Luckily, I do not have to answer if I don't want to. The surveys are so annoying as I spend time responding to the same questions a hundred times an hour, and I might earn a dollar or 75 cents for my efforts. Usually, though, it tells me I am not qualified for that survey. I must lead a boring life, or I just don't use the products or services that they are selling.

So when I stumbled across this video and other websites pushing the Corey Gates "tube cash code" system, I thought I would write about it from the start. The video is out there on the website tubecodecash.com, open to the general public, so it is not private. I am not revealing anything that anyone cannot see of their own volition. I have searched the search engines for info on this guy an his program, but cannot find anything negative about him or it. I think that's because his system involves controlling stuff on the Internet.

In the video I am watching right now, Corey is supposed to be flying across the country to surprise a woman in California to change her life and give her the mystery system he has developed. It might have been believable except that as he goes up to the front door to surprise this woman (Andrea), whom he explicitly said had no idea he was coming, there is a camera INSIDE HER HOUSE as she opens the door to him. The  woman's acting is not so good, either. Andrea and her 16-year-old Nick deliver their lines like amateur actors. Nick, age 16, even throws in a few swearwords!

Corey himself has a polished delivery, but he has practiced a lot, I am sure. In under a minute Corey inserts a thumb drive containing his code into her Mac laptop and sets up two accounts: one for Andrea and one for Nick (ostensibly to pay for his college), even though Nick is a minor. The daughter, Joy (she's named appropriately)  has a few lines to deliver also, but she doesn't merit an account of her own. Maybe because she's just a girl. Joy expresses her past fears and her new found joy that Corey has saved them and made them rich. Yes, Andrea makes $750 in the span of 36 minutes (time-lapsed on screen), and Nick makes close to that amount in his own account. Neither of them had even touched the computer after installation of the mystery code!

Next, Corey off to see Hank in Colorado, the next lucky schmuck whose name Andrea picked from a list that Corey showed her. Corey shares Hank's story while flying on the plane. Hank is unemployed and otherwise down and out, but his savior is on the way. Once again, he is supposed to be surprising the guy, but a camera is in the driveway as his hatchback Infiniti pulls into the driveway. Corey gets out and says, "Hey guys, are you ready to surprise Hank? He has no idea we're coming. I can't wait to see his face."  A second camera picks Corey up as he walks around the garage and approaches the front door. We hear a dog bark, then we see a large, gray-haired and bearded man open the front door. The camera-angle quickly flashes to an inside shot looking out at Corey (third camera?) as he introduces himself as just "Corey," and says he read Hank's email and flew down to see him.

Hank says he can't believe Corey is there to save him. Hank is cute, and he plays his part well. The pooch named Max (my dad's name) also plays his part well, not barking at the "stranger" as he enters the house. Dissolve to camera 4 as Hank leads Corey into the kitchen of what appears to be a lovely, impeccably furnished home. Hank doesn't seem to be hurting THAT bad for money. He explains that his son is laid off and is out looking for a job at that very moment. He leads Corey into the dining room, where camera 5 picks up on the action.

Hank explains that he was kicked to the curb recently by is employer, and that he never made a lot of money -- just enough to put is kids through college and buy his wife a flower or two here and there. Sweet. His son and daughter-in-law are supporting him, he explains, and he wishes he could carry his own weight. He wishes for a few thousand dollars a month to help out. Corey says he cannot promise a few thousand dollars a month, but he can show Hank how to make a few thousand dollars a DAY within the next 30 minutes. Hank gets his son's laptop (also a Macintosh), and Corey pulls out the magic wand (memory stick), quipping that he has "$385,000 in this stick."  This time when Hank says "I can just have it?" Corey responds, "Well, no, but we're gonna show you how to make money." Corey lets Hank put in his username and a password, then tells him that's it. No technical knowledge required.

While they are waiting the 30 minutes for the program to get started, they take the dog for a walk. After 40 minutes, Corey says they need to check on the progress of Hank's "campaign," and pulls out his phone. Then comes the less-than-believable scene where Corey holds the phone out and Hank punches in his password -- with a flourish. In the 40 minutes since they left the computer, Hank has purportedly made $1345.49, more than he makes in a "month of pension." Corey tells Hank that this income stream is permanent, and that he can share this with his kids and anyone he wants, and that it is free, a gift from him. Then he has Hank pick the name of the next person he going to go visit and help. Hank picks Peter Morris from South Dakota, and Corey says he is going to visit him today.

But back at Hank's house, Corey admits he is tired and that he going to crash in a local hotel and go see Peter tomorrow. He gives the camera crew the night off, and they thank him as they record him leaving in his own car. Six hours later (according to the words on a black screen insert) we see Corey at his Hilton hotel room in a robe with the Hilton label. He says there has been a change in plans and he points to a voice message on his hotel phone that went straight to voice mail.

Corey holds up his phone an plays the voice message. The voice identifies himself as Harris Schmidt from JVK Capital, and he is asking to meet with Corey ASAP in regards to the system he has developed. He offers to send their plane to get Corey and says that they are drafting the paperwork to expedite the transaction based upon an offer that they will make him that he will find "quite satisfactory." They offer him $45,000,000 to acquire his company. Call his secretary Danielle at 615-244-_782.

Corey goes on to explains that this guy who called is worth 3/4 of a billion dollars and invests in all kinds of businesses. He says he cannot reveal the guys name (I thought the caller said us his name was Harris Schmidt) because the guy would sue him. Corey says he has to go see what this is about, and invites us to come with him. Then he asks the camera crew if they have a small camera that they can put on his to record the meeting in secret. One guy says they have a glasses camera that he can wear.

 Cut to 8 a.m. the next day. Corey demonstrates the hidden camera in the glasses and we see what he is seeing, including the camera and the cameraman. Back on his private plane "Mr. Gates" is served coffee. He takes off and lands somewhere in the next few seconds. He is recorded coming off the plane and getting into a white Mercedes (?), and he then pulls up to a curb across from a high rise building and exits the car. (I forgot to mention the exciting background music that strikes up whenever there is no conversation going on.)

Inside the shiny building with the marble reflecting floors, we see Corey stroll confidently through the atrium, not looking for a directory or asking directions, but with knowledge of where he is going like he has been there a thousand times. A camera in the elevator picks up the action at this point and a third camera picks up Corey as he exits the elevator and heads to the office with the name of the firm on the window -- too small print to read from our distant angle. He knocks. Then as he enters the conference room to greet two men, his hidden glasses camera kicks in and we see from Corey's view point.

Mr. Schmidt shakes Corey's hand and introduces his business partner analyst Steve Robertson, who shakes Corey's hand as he looks into the camera-rigged glasses. Corey's first question is how Mr. Schmidt found him and got his number. They all sit down at the table, as a (non-hidden) camera in the hall records their actions inside the Conference Center. Schmidt says Corey has not been hiding and that they are not the only ones interested in his product so they are offering more than anyone else would offer. Corey admits he has been giving away his secret formula and Schmidt says it is crazy and Corey is insane. He says that Corey's desire to "give back:" is "cute."

Corey shows proof of what he makes from his system by showing his iPad with carts of daily income and monthly cumulatives in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. Schmidt reiterates the offer of $45,000,000. Corey would have to be a moron to not see that, if he can make $450,000 in 1 month, it would take him 100 months (8 years) to make $45,000,000 at that same rate. But Corey asks what Schmidt would do with the secret plan since he already has plenty of money. Schmidt tells him frankly that it is none of his business but goes on to say he would "ask $15,000 a pop  for it" as they sell it to corporations and wealthy people who want to make more money. He tells Corey that he has the "American dream" on the USB in his hand. Indeed, says Schmidt, they should ask $30,000 for the system.

As the conversation progresses, the would-be-buyer says that they would sell the little guy a stripped down version that doesn't really work and that requires them to buy upgrades. Schmidt offers to write the $45,000,000 check out that very minute. Feigning the need to make a phone call and to use the restroom, Corey exits the room and pauses in the hallway, leaning against the wall, either torn by the desire for wealth or in disgust at the greed displayed by the vulture in the conference room. Then, as he turns dramatically and heads rapidly for the elevator bank, the music rises to a crescendo.

Outside Corey crosses the street to his car and says to the camera that he is "pissed" at the men he has just encountered. It's because of people like that that others are not able to get their break online. Corey gives a monologue about the greed of men like Schmidt who want to rob the everyday Joe of the chance to make a buck. Our hero drives off in disgust and arrives back at his private plane.

[Ah-oh! My video has locked up and I am stuck with a shot of the stewardess waiting for Corey to re-board the plane, pouring what looks like weak lemonade into a tall wine glass. I waited five minutes and finally refreshed the page. That ended the video and took me to a "wait-a-minute-don't-leave" video of Corey in a tux, surrounded by balloons and party stuff, telling me he is giving me a "scholorship" (as it is misspelled on the website) and that his system will be 100% free -- which is what he already said in the video. Then he says that we agreed on the previous video that covering the "hard costs" is fair. That must have been in the part that I couldn't view because the video locked up at the end.

So now he says it is normally $49 but he will spot me $30 and pay me to take one of the 50 spots available and buy his product for only $19. It almost makes sense, especially with the 60 day guarantee period when I can return it and give up my spot. But he'll let me keep the "tube cash code." All this as long as I show him I have tried my very best.

I would have had a lot more respect (and patience) for the video if Corey had said that these were re-enactments or fictitious stories. Do I wish Corey would come to see me? Heck, if he made me rich, I would gladly let a cameraman into my house and pretend to be surprised!

I just read a bunch of critical, negative reviews of this program at http://kingsofleonsis.com/tube-cash-code-corey-gates-related-to-bill-gates.html. So, with all that in mind, I am going to spend the $19.00 and purchase the program, just so I can document what I do to try and make this program work.  Here goes. Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment